NPS offers relevant evaluations that are specifically tailored to the consumer, children, or parents, based on their individual needs. Our expert psychologists are able to identify the most crucial issues involving cases of:
- Complete psychological evaluations for children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients.
- Complete psychological assessments for children who are in need of case management based on DFCS or DJJ custody.
- ADHD/Learning Disorder evaluations.
- Academic Functioning.
- Social Security disability assessments.
- Parental fitness evaluations.
- Substance abuse evaluations.
- Anger/Domestic Violence evaluations.
- Psychosexual evaluations.
- Depression/Anxiety screening.
- Cognitive assessments of Dementia.
What is a psychological evaluation?
A psychological evaluation is a battery of tests that determines an individual’s emotional functioning. A trained and licensed psychologist, such as our clinicians at NPS, will perform the evaluation. A psychological evaluation is performed when a psychological problem is noticed and a cause needs to be determined. Psychological evaluations are often requested in legal cases, guardianship and competency decisions, or any time there is uncertainty about what is troubling an individual, or when information is required about a person’s psychological make-up and emotional well being.
The results of the psychological evaluation will provide some clues as to the cause of the individual’s problem, and will also provide recommendations for treatment. A psychological evaluation always involves an initial interview, in which an individual’s history is discussed. After this interview, the clinician will determine which tests will most accurately reflect the individual’s assessment needs.
What battery of tests are used in a psychological evaluation?
- Adolescent Psychopathology Scale
- Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function
- Bender Visual Motor Gestalt Test
- Boston Naming Test
- California Verbal Learning Test – Second Edition
- Children’s Color Trails Test
- Children’s Depression Inventory
- Children’s Memory Scale and Color Trails Test
- Comprehensive Test of Phonological Processing Career Assessment Inventory
- Conners’ Parent and Teacher Rating Scales – Revised
- Continuous Performance Test – Second Edition
- Detroit Tests of Learning Aptitude – 4
- Developmental Test of Visual – Motor Integration
- Gray Oral Reading Test – 4
- Gray Silent Reading Test
- House Tree Person Drawing Test
- KeyMath – Revised
- Kinetic Family Drawing Test
- Millon Adolescent Clinical Inventory
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory – Adolescent
- Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory – Second Edition
- Nelson-Denny Reading Test
- Revised Children’s Manifest Anxiety Scale
- Rorschach Test
- Test of Written Language – 3
- Thematic Apperception Test
- Vineland Adaptive Behavior Scales
- Wechsler Intelligence Scales: the WISC-IV, WPPSI-III, and WAIS-III
- Wechsler Memory Scale Wisconsin Card Sorting Test
- Wide Range Achievement Test, Third Edition (WRAT-3)Trails A & B Test
- Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Achievement – III
- Woodcock-Johnson Tests of Cognitive Ability – III
- Writing Process Test
At NPS, we strive to create specialized service for each and every patient, so we use a fluid battery of tests in our assessments. The tests we select are based on the reason for referral and the questions that need to be answered.